Sunday, December 7, 2008

The End of this Semester.....

I cannot believe that this semester is almost over and I’m writing the last blog for rhetoric class now. It feels like that school just started a few weeks ago. Actually, this whole semester was too busy for me. There was too much work to do for my chemistry and ceramics classes, but, fortunately, I have never stressed out to any writing assignment of this class. I like all the topics that Jon gave us; it was so much fun! Especially, I really really love the second writing assignment, analyzing the picture or drawing.
Through this class, I have improved my writing style. In high school, I always had to write 5 paragraphs essay. They forced me to write one introduction paragraph with thesis and three body paragraphs with three different topics with three supporting ideas and the last concluding paragraph. There is no “I”, no “you”, no “we”, and no passive voice and etc. They restricted my essay in a certain frame and it seemed like I was filling in the blank. However, in this class, I did not have to put my writing in a certain frame. I wrote what I want to write and what I think about the topic on a piece of paper.
I still need to improve many things. The first one is my grammar and my sentence structure. Even though I have been here about 4 years now, I still use many Korean likely sentences. Second, I need to improve my reading skill. I could not put much effort on reading this semester, because I was so busy to doing my awesome 20pages lab report every single fr***ing week but I really need to improve it.
Anyway, this class was one of my most favorite classes ever!!!!!!!

Min

No comments: