Sunday, October 26, 2008

4 cheerleaders collides with car

I read a news about four high school cheerleaders collide with a car form CNN.com and MSNBC.msn.com. They basically are telling the same story with the same facts. However, CNN reports it in more real way. The title for CNN is “4 high school cheerleaders killed in Tennessee crash”, and the MSNBC’s title is “SUV full of cheerleaders collides with car.” CNN used lots of dialogues to report the news. It seems more reliable; however it’s harder to get the points. MSNBC arranges the story and reports it. While I read it, from the first paragraph, I easily understand what’s going on, with the important details. With the same story, there are so many ways we can present it. Each ways has their advantages and disadvantages. For me I like the MSNBC style more, because I think the reason of reading news is to know what’s going on in the society right now. It should be short, easily read and with the clearly messages. -Michelle Hsu

No comments: