Saturday, October 4, 2008

It is telling me...

About three years ago, I got bored and searched for some funny pictures on a web site. I was just clicking random pictures or photos (that the titles sounded goofy) from many different sites, and I clicked one photo by mistake. The title was Brotherhood (if I remember correctly) and at first, I was not interested the title at all, because, I do not have any brothers (but I have a nice sister) and second, I did not feel like to see any serious picture on the day. Anyhow, I clicked the link, and I saw one of the most beautiful photos in my life.


What a word pops up in your head (or mind) when you see this picture? Brotherhood?, Poverty? Famiy? Home?, or Hunger? For me, it was not the title (I am not sure the picture titled Brotherhood or not, but I know the word in my head did not match with the title). It was Waiting. Of course, it was not exactly that word because it was a Korean word.


Many other people probably have a different word for this photo, or several words. Some people can also say it is impossible to express the picture with a couple words; it should be sentences, paragraphs, or essays. (That is the reason I am gonna write a paper about the picture.) I do respect all the other points of their views, but for me I just want to say it is Waiting.


Do you see the eyes of baby? He is not staring at something. Those are not eyes of when you are looking at something or when you find something interesting. He does not have a focus. It seems like, he is thinking about someone, something, or nothing. I will stop talking about this photo here, because I gotta write more about the photo in my paper and I do not want to interrupt your points of view of this picture.

-Min-

No comments: