Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am not one who care much for politics but I guess you can say that I still do have my opinions. I am not completely for or against it but I do support it because it is happening and the soldiers that are over there are fighting for us whether you believe it or not. The thing that I hate the most is the point of view that the media gives to us about the war. I think they are completely one sided and try to make us look like we are these awful people or they make the Middle Easterns these awful people. I hate when people say that all people from over there are bad just because of one group of people and there horrible actions. Not all of the people from over there were apart of what happened and a lot people blame all of them. I have met some people from those countries and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met and they actually don't hate the United States like some media likes to tell us. It depends on which news you decide to look at and how the information is going to be presenting and how they are trying to make you feel. Are they using ethos, pathos, or logos? I noticed from MSNBC they use pathos for the most part. For example they wrote an article about how the Iraqis used someone with Down Syndrome as a Suicide bomber. In my opinion I feel they are trying to make us feel sorry for this person and make us mad at Iraq. On the other hand I feel that NYTIMES is more of a serious news site. Their stories are still compassionate but they give more facts and let you know what is happening and not really trying to get you to feel anything. Both sites are good to look, it just depends on how you want to feel and what information you want about the war.

Maggie Frederick

No comments: