Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ingrid McShan's Genre Blog



For this assignment, I decided to do spray painted shirts. I think wearing a shirt like this is kind of cool because it delivers a message is a different way. There are normally written in slang with words misspelled, logos, and abbreviated words. Some individuals put words/phrases on shirts people never heard of or don't even know the meaning. In that case, I think you have to understand slang to know what some people shirts might say and the message their trying to give to the audience. I've realized people that wear them are usually being creative while relaying a message with fancy writing. Spray painted shirts can send different messages such as saying R.I.P to someone, cheering for the basketball/football team or even expressing your love for someone. It might also show the persons character by illustrating that they care about someone or an event that is taking place. In addition, I feel when wearing a shirt like this it is important to get the message across because thats the reason why a person might stop an individual, just to look and read what the shirt is saying. The link that I found is called nautiks. I thinks it's interesting because it's a website for people to get a shirt custom made anyway that want it.

No comments: