Sunday, September 28, 2008

Jaz blog 9/28








I saw a play on Saturday and the name of it was called “Well” and it was directed by a woman named Lisa Kron. Although this play was a required assignment for my theater class it was cool to see, even though it was confusing and I couldn’t make any sense of it, it was a great play and I a great experience for me. It was also funny as well to see the actors interacting with the audience. They actors reminded me of a lot of people I know or knew at some point in my lifetime or still do. This was my first time ever seeing a real theatrical play before and I liked it. My brother acted in a play back home I didn’t get to see it because I am in college and it was during the week. He was mad because he didn’t get the part he wanted. He wanted the part where he got to kiss the girl instead he got the part of being her boyfriend, which is a big part in this play, but they don’t get to kiss. Then he got happy again after he was told he got to punch the guy who gets to kiss her. I just started laughing and said “actors, drama, drama, drama”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the play you saw was probably not directed by Lisa Kron. She wrote the play, and that is the name of the title character, but generally, she doesn't direct.