Sunday, September 14, 2008

Night Market!




My favorite place is of course where I was born, Taipei, Taiwan. The culture here and in Asia has big differences. Since I lived in a city, I can go wherever I want just by mass transportation. We have buses, taxi, subway, and train. It is so convenient. Also there are many places to go, other than supermarket. This is a night market in Taipei. Night markets are always full of people. They usually opened at about eight o’clock at night until two or three in the morning. At night market, you can buy almost everything except brand names. They sell all cheap things. Also, there are a lot of foods, mostly like snacks. It’s so much fun that on Friday night, you can go to night market with your family and friends. I feel like that is much more fun than staying in the same space and party. It probably because I grew up there, and I am so used to the culture. This is a picture I took this summer; my friend was waiting in line for pies. Looking at this picture always reminds me the happy memories in Taiwan, and I miss everything over there! -Michelle Hsu

No comments: